Monday, April 9, 2007

One for all and all for medicine

It's official! Medcial school is the hardest school to get into ever in the history of the universe. There's nothing like knowing all that you want to do in life is wear that white coat and all you need to do is beat out 95% of the best students in the country to do it. It's a feeling that makes you want to heave that three day old pizza you ate for breakfast. But fear not my anxious ones....it is completely possible. There is yet a hope for all of those who decided not to be an anti-social hermit in college who spends every saturday night beefing up on their free radical reaction pathways for an exam two weeks away. I'm sure by now many of you have explored the....excuse me while I be politically correct...."non-traditional"....way of getting into medical school. The real fact is that there is no "traditional" way of getting into medical school these days. All of us pre-meds, aka geeks, are in the same boat, striving for the same thing....that shining, fresh, crisp piece of culminating reward commonly referred to as (cue inspirational music)....the acceptance letter.

Join me in my journey on the road to medical school. I've been through alot on that road thus far and have learned a ton of things. Therefore, instead of keeping all this super fantastic information to myself, I decided to give back to my community of fellow super-caffinated, strung-out, and most likely insane bunch of medical hopefuls. Feel free to hit me with questions, comments, or whatever else that ten pound heap of neuropathways can poop out (a gold star if you make me laugh). I'll share the good and the ugly sides of this trek and try to help as much as I can for the rest of you. That being said....happy studying and a merry nervous breakdown to all!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Medicines we take these days are mostly prescribed over the counter. Which is preferably good on my part. But, what about medicines sold on the streets? Whether legal or not, companies are losing quite a bit of money. And who is who to say that anything let alone can be sold on the streets without the proper consent of the manufacturers, not that they would allow it, but still. Regardless how effective the drug or not, even now a days health care should most definitely be a necessity since without it you might end up paying 8 times the price. I think no matter what medicine people are prescribed, everybody should make it a priority in their lives to obtain some sort of health care.
Medical Aesthetics Job Search